Committee Member, RTC Advisory Committee
Office: (888) 782-4969
Jarrod retired from the San Bernardino Police Department as the Chief of Police. Jarrod is a law enforcement veteran with executive management experience in a fast-changing and challenging environment. Relevant experience includes:
- Managing an organization through a municipal bankruptcy, including making difficult financial decisions impacting the infrastructure of a police organization while continuing to provide critical and necessary services.
- Reorganized major functions within the department to streamline operations and provide more effective and efficient service.
- Major revision of the Department’s Policy Manual to ensure industry best practices and to minimize risk and liability exposure (Lexipol transition).
- Major technology advancements instituted within the department to include a body camera program for all uniformed employees, a major network vendor (CAD/RMS) transition and a digital radio system upgrade.
- Experience working with and interacting with all levels of government at the local, state and federal level (including the Governors Office and the White House)
- Experience making presentations to large audiences throughout the United States and abroad. This includes training environments to both mid size and large audiences.
- Experience engaging labor and employee groups, community stakeholders and elected officials on a variety of issues (including disciplinary matters, labor negotiations, policy development, town hall and community meetings etc…).
- Extensive professional media exposure as well as experience as a subject matter expert for ABC News (Disney Corporation) on breaking and emerging news stories concerning crime and law enforcement.
- Served in the capacity of acting / interim city manager in the City of San Bernardino.
Jarrod has served in a variety of roles as an independent contractor, consultant and subject matter expert on project-based work. Work experience includes professional consulting services for law enforcement agencies (organizational assessments) focusing on industry best practices, efficiencies, and risk mitigation in all areas of contemporary policing. Audit and review policies, procedures, and practices including making recommendations to improve the performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of law enforcement organizations.
In addition to law enforcement-focused projects, I have also worked on projects concerning municipal finance, strategic planning, and team building. I have also continued to train and speak at a number of LE conferences and training venues